Thursday 5 May 2011

Evaluation Question 2

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

There are numerous ways in which the magazine represents a particular social group,I have used various techniques to do this within my product;

- Arguably the most significant way i have represented the social group i am aiming for which is young adults/ late teens is by the costume i have equiped the models to wear on the main image of the front cover. This will help increase the popularity of my product within the social group.
- A further technique i have used is the content i have included within my product as the stories would be interesting to my target audience and would accomodate their expectations of a successful music magazine.
- Thirdly i have used images throughout the product which would relate to the target audience and social group which my magazine would be aimed at. A specific example of this is the clever use of the myspace page i created for my band as the central image of my double page spread.
- In addition throughout my product it suggests indviduality which is what my intended social group can relate to, i do this by the certain images i have used and the main image and coverline i have used.

Below is a video of Foals at Glastonbury and it is evidence of the social group and individuality that indie music is aimed to, and it is what and who my music magazine is produced for.

No comments:

Post a Comment