Thursday 5 May 2011

Evaluation Question 7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in progression from it to the full product?

Throughout the time of me producing the preliminary task which was the school magazine,and my main project, my music magazine, i developed a wide range of techniques and increased my knowledge on the codes and conventions of magazines and how to produce a successful product.

Below is my preliminary final front cover and main task front cover






Whilst producing my school magazine i had limited knowledge on photoshop and had not used Quark express before, therefore putting me at a disadvantage when producing my school magazine contents page. However after producing my contents page for my preliminary i had learned how to use the software well enough to produce a contents page which is successful at following codes and conventions and appealing to the audience. Quark allowed me to follow guide lines to produce columns which meant i was able to structure my work without the difficulty.

My knowledge of photoshop also improved whilst producing the two productions and it can be easily seen above with the two different front covers. It is evident that my music magazine has used much more complicated techniques and produced a product which is more appealing and conforms with the generic features of magazines more precisely.

Throughout the course i have also developed my knowledge on the various camera angles and shot types which can be used, and this can be seen on my main task with the images i have used throughout the product, especially my central image on my front cover as it uses direct response.





Above are the two contents pages i have produced, it is clear to see that my music magazine is better layed out. understandable and more appealing.

Below is more evidence that my knowledge of quark express has improved over the duration of the course.



Whilst making my two products i have developed a wide knowledge on the various codes and conventions needed for a magazine to be successful, and also the techniques needed to produce a high standard of work. During the process of production i was taught how to use quark, also i was taught how to use camera's more efficently through the understanding of the various camera angles. I have gained a lot of knowledge in between makeing the two products, with my music magazine i did extensive background research to produce my music magazine, whereas for the school magazine it was much more a case of trial and error.

Overall i prefered producing my music magazine as it suited my interests and enjoyments as i am enthusiastic about music. This may have helped me produce a better product as i was more enthusiastic about my main task, i also felt more comfortable with the software after using it for the preliminary work so therefore could produce a more developed magazine and the improvements can be clearly seen from the two products.

No comments:

Post a Comment